A man riding winch is mainly built to client specifications and can be executed with a self-braking worm, helical or planetary gear depending on the load required. The drive can be either electric, hydraulic or pneumatic. EMCÉ has supplied man riding systems up to a working load limit of 10,000 kg.
EMCÉ have supplied winches for the following applications:
- safety harness or a boatswains chairs
- diving frame applications
- baskets or platforms
- cable way rescue winches
As safety is most important with man riding winch applications a third party design review is often required. The type of design review is however very much depending on the local rules and regulations. For onshore personnel lifting applications within the European Union often a EC type examination is required. Offshore personnel lifting winches often require the same class as the ship or rig they are being used on. Most common classifications for offshore personnel lifting winches are LRS, ABS, DNV and GL.
All the above classification agencies have different rules and regulations. Therefore it’s very important that we are informed about the required classification in order to offer the correct winch to you. Furthermore details about the application are required to determine the required technical specifications.
- Selfbraking worm, helical or planetary gear transmissions
- Electric 400 V AC / 3-phases / 50 Hz motor.
- Hydraulic orbit, radial piston or axial piston motors
- Pneumatic gear or radial piston motors
- Primary brake on motor
- Secondary brake on winch drum
- Full material trace-ability (3.1 – EN 10204) on structural steel components
- Two drum supports
- Double layer 2-component conservation according ISO 12944 category C2-Low, colour RAL 5010
- Explosion-proof motors
- Protective steel motor cover
- Drum pressure roller
- Drum guard
- Marine / offshore coating systems
- Spooling gear
- Grooved drum
- Split drums / additional rope anchors / etc.
- Third party design review (LRS, ABS, DNV, etc)
AVAILABLE CONTROL OPTIONS
- Electric /hydraulic or pneumatic control systems
- Limit switches
- Slack wire witches
- Overload protection
- Emergency hand crank