Hose reel, umbilical or transponder winches are mainly built for purpose. Winches are built to order and can be executed with a self-braking wormgear or planetary gear, depending on the load required. The drive can be either electric, hydraulic or pneumatic.
The hose reel option is mainly used to reel hoses for fresh water supply, MDO fuel supply and hydraulic oil or to reel electrical power supply cables.
The umbilical winches are, generally, used to reel a combination of hoses, signal cables, coax or even fi bre optic cables. Most of them come with slip rings and/or rotating swivels.
Transponder winches used for powered transponders are mainly used with electrical signal cables and have, in most cases, an electrical slip ring mounted. Winches can be supplied complete with
an A-frame if required.
EMCÉ has supplied systems for all applications including reels with 6” stainless steel swivels or slip rings for high voltage.
The versions we have supplied can be found on the following type of constructions: offshore heavy lift vessels, offshore semi-subs, diving support vessels, research vessels, cable and pipe laying vessels and offshore pile-driving barges.
- Self-braking wormgear, helical bevel, planetary or slew gear transmissions
- IP 56 TENV 400 V AC / 3 phases / 50 Hz braked motors (or 440/3/60)
- Radial piston air or hydraulic motors
- Heavy duty construction
- Double layer 2-component conservation according ISO 12944 category C2-Low, colour RAL 5010
- Explosion-proof electric motors
- Protective steel motor covers
- Alternative speeds
- Protective guards- Stainless steel slip rings (fibre optic or electric.)
- Stainless steel swivelsSpooling devices
AVAILABLE CONTROL OPTIONS
- Control box IP 55 with push-buttons and emergency stop built acc. to NEN 1010
- Control box IP 66 with low-voltage IP 65 remote control built acc. to NEN 1010
- Load limiters
- Frequency inverters for variable speed control
- Wireless radio remote control systems
- Limit switches
- Pneumatic and hydraulic control systems